Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Losing my Wisdom

The title of the post may lead you to think  I am talking about losing wisdom in the figurative sense. However, I am really just talking about the four new holes in my mouth!

Thats right, I just got those little buggers called wisdom teeth cut out of my head.

And now I can feel my heartbeat in my face, I can't eat solid foods, and the left side of my face is still numb. But alas, it is okay, I feel fresh and invigorated today and I think a large part of this feeling is this new endeavor. This simple act of writing down the craziness in my head, has already greased the cogs in the machine I call a mind. New ideas, new outlooks, a new lease on life if you will. And I am excited! One of the biggest problems I have had in my life is self-motivation. I always set out with some grandiose plan, and thats what it is -- just a plan. I never can motivate my myself to put into action. Whether it be exercising and working out, eating healthier, studying for a test, writing a paper, or even just whitening my teeth -- I simply lack the motivation to follow through.

But this blog. This blog is a fresh start. Its time to give myself a stern talking to, a swift kick in the rear, and get to doing what I know I CAN do. Its time to stop letting excuses muck up my life. Its time to make a change.

So today I may have gotten my wisdom teeth removed; however, this blog came at just the right time for me to gain wisdom in the process.

I need this wisdom.

 Hopefully I will put in to good use.

As always,

 Learn Freely

-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment